Field mount - Set-point Generator
with temperature input, alarms and analog outputs
The F197 is a manual set-point generator. The operator enters an analog or a scaled output value or a percentage which will be transmitted as a (0)4 – 20mA or 0 – 10V DC signal to a control device. If available, the F197 can also display the measured actual process value. However, there is no direct control relationship between the input and output value.
Further, one low and one high alarm value can be set with an alarm ignore function to monitor the process. The display shows the preset value, actual value and status simultaneously. On-screen engineering units are easily configured from a comprehensive selection.
- Robust IP66, IP67 (NEMA Type4X) field enclosure.
It is so rugged, you can even stand on it!
- Intrinsically Safe available - ATEX and IECEx approval for gas and dust applications.
- Familiar easy operation with the Fluidwell "Know one, know them all" configuration structure, saving time, cost and aggravation.
- Very diverse mounting possibilities: walls, pipes, panels or directly onto outdoor sensors.
- Manual (0)4 – 20mA / 0 – 10V DC control output.
- Preset value can be entered as a scaled value (e.g. 415°C), analog value (e.g. 15,3mA) or as a percentage.
- Displays the actual process value and transmitted value simultanously.
- One low and one high alarm value can be set with alarm ignore time function.
- Preset value: seven 17mm (0.67") digits during programming and 8mm (0.31") digits during process.
- Actual value: seven 17mm (0.67") digits during process.
- Modbus communication link for remote control.
- LED backlight.
- Backup of settings in EEPROM memory.
- Ambient temperature: -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to 176°F).
- Various accessories are available for this product.
- Manual set-point control of process variables requiring a (0)4 – 20mA or 0 – 10V DC input value. For example to tune temperature or flow rate manually.
- The F-Series is your first and best choice for field mount indicators in safe and hazardous area applications. Especially in harsh weather conditions like rain, snow, sandy deserts, salty atmospheres and temperatures between -40°C up to +80°C (-40°F up to 176°F).
- Pulse type inputs:
Reed-switch, open collector, NAMUR, NPN/PNP pulse, Sine wave (coil), active pulse signal.
- (0)4 – 20mA.
- Pulse type inputs:
- PT100 - 2 or 3 wire PRTD sensor.
- Function: Alarm outputs for low or high signal input alarms.
- Type: Two passive NPN transistors, active PNP transistors or isolated electro-mechanical relays.
- Function: Re-transmitting any value set by the operator. The output is scaled manually by the operator or through Modbus communication - the output can be scaled to any range (e.g. from 0% to 110%).
- Type: One passive isolated, floating or loop powered 4 – 20mA output or one active (0)4 – 20mA or 0 – 10V DC output.
- Long life Lithium battery.
- 4 – 20mA Loop-powered.
- 8 – 24V AC/DC.
- 115 – 230V AC.
- Basic: 8 - 30V DC.
- 8.2, 12, 24V DC.
Gas: II 1 G Ex ia IIB/IIC T4 Ga
Dust: II 1 D Ex ia IIIC T100 °C Da
Gas: Ex ia IIC/IIB T4 Ga
Dust: Ex ia IIIC T100 °C Da
Gas: II 2 G / Ex d IIB T5 Gb
Dust: II 2 D / Ex t IIIB T100°C Db
- Function: All process data and settings can be read and modified through the communication link.
- Protocol: Modbus RTU.
- Interface: RS232 / RS485 2-wire or 4-wire / TTL.
Questions and answers
No questions have been asked about this article yet.Ask a question
Your question has been forwarded to our support team.
We will answer it as soon as possible.