Explosion proof - Multi-Purpose Indicator (Soon available)
Loop Powered, for universal applications
The E490 is a versatile, loop powered multi-purpose indicator to display the actual process value, range and loop current. Besides the focus on level, temperature and pressure applications, the E490 can also work with other measuring units, like %, mA, RPM and even the possibility to create a custom unit with max. 8 characters. The measuring unit to be displayed is simply selected through an alfa-numerical configuration menu. The isolated input circuit can power the backlight circuit from the loop. The E490 accepts 4 - 20mA input signals from a wide range of process instruments, including flow (linear or square root), level, pressure and temperature transmitters.
The E-series distinguishes itself by its quality and functionality driven European design and manufacturing. It is more than fulfilling the rules for explosion proof design, it is about safety during the daily operation. Often, the environment is much tougher than the explosion proof requirements demand. Thus dangerous conditions may be experienced due to a broken enclosure or a poorly made flame path. Ruggedness and reliability is where Fluidwell stands for and it is now available in a comprehensive well designed and purpose driven explosion proof multi-purpose indicator.
- Saves time and improves flexibility with the through-glass keypad: no need to open the front cover.
- Familiar easy operation with the Fluidwell "Know one, know them all" configuration structure, saving time, cost and aggravation.
- Durable high-grade stainless steel 316L Ex d enclosure withstanding extreme (maritime) conditions.
You will receive a email with the download link soon.
- Explosion proof according ATEX and IECEx.
- Universal loop powered indicator.
- Input signal: Galvanically isolated 4 - 20mA with ultra low voltage drop < 1.5V DC, allowing easy installation in almost any 2-wire, 4–20mA loop.
- Create a custom measuring unit with max. 8 characters.
- Aluminum or high grade stainless steel Ex d enclosure.
- Easy installation with the spacious chamber and plug & play connectors.
- Key information at a glance as the display shows the actual value, measuring unit and loop current and a 10 segments bargraph.
- 5 Large 17.3mm (0.7”) digits.
- Selectable engineering units for many different applications: L- NL- mL - M3- AM3- NM3 - mg - g - Kg - TON- OZ- GAL - USGAL - IGAL - lb - bbL- cf - CUFt - scf - p - rev - °C - °F - K - % - M - mm - CM - mtr - inch - Ft - SQFt – Yd - PSI - psig - mbar - MbARG - bar - barg – bara – PA - PAG - KPA – KPAG - MPA - INHG – mmHg - mmH2O - MH2O – INH2O- Ph – mV – mA - A - uS – PPM – RPM - custom unit or no unit.
- LED backlight circuit which can be powered from the loop (voltage drop 6.5V DC), it is separated from the input circuit.
- Auto backup of all settings.
- Ambient temperature aluminum enclosure: -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to 158°F).
Ambient temperature stainless steel enclosure: -40°C to +67°C (-40°F to 153°F).
- Various accessories are available for this product.
- Universal applications when a local loop-powered multi-purpose display is required without monitoring function, linearization or signal re-transmitting.
- The E490 takes operating energy from an input current (2-wire 4 - 20mA) and has a separated backlight circuit which can be powered from the loop.
- The E-Series can be used in rough and tough applications, beyond being just explosion proof. Its sturdy design and ease of use are unequaled by any other explosion proof indicator in the market! The E-Series is always your first and safest choice in explosion proof applications.
Multi Purpose Inputs
- Galvanically isolated 4 – 20mA input loop-powered with ultra low voltage drop < 1.5V DC.
- 4 – 20mA, input Loop-powered, the loop can power the backlight.
- The E490 can also be powered 9 - 27V DC externally, then the backlight lights up at full intensity and it will not influence the voltage drop in the loop.
- For Intrinsically Safe applications we recommend the F-Series.
Gas: II 2 G Ex db IIC T6 Gb.
Dust: II 2 D Ex tb IIIC T85°C Db.
Gas: Ex db IIC T6 Gb.
Dust: Ex tb IIIC T85°C Db.
- FM and CSA C-US:
Questions and answers
No questions have been asked about this article yet.Ask a question
Your question has been forwarded to our support team.
We will answer it as soon as possible.